Established in 2009, the YPN is a program of the Joplin Area Chamber of Commerce designed to engage the next generation of leadership and educate them on the value of Chamber involvement while providing educational, social and community partnership opportunities that encourage personal and professional development.
Members of YPN play an integral part in shaping the goals, vision and direction of the Network and work closely with the Chamber staff and Board of Directors to align the strategy of the Network with the mission and vision of the Chamber. All events and programs offered by YPN are planned and facilitated by YPN Members who sit on one of the five workgroup committees with the oversight of the YPN Executive Committee and direction of the YPN Program Coordinator.
As a Member of the JACC Young Professionals Network you have the opportunity to:
• Build your Social Capital
• Improve your networking skills
• Receive coaching from a top business leader
• Attend educational workshops & seminars
• Discover volunteer opportunities
• Connect with your community
• Improve your business and interpersonal skills
• Gain new friendships
• Learn about local and state governmental affairs
• Develop a better understanding of how a Chamber works for the community
• Collaborate with community change-makers
Want to Join?
Membership in the Young Professionals Network is on an annual basis. Both Chamber Members and non-Chamber Members between the ages of 21-40 are eligible to join. Annual dues cover the cost of most events held throughout the year, with exception to special events such as the Annual Celebration, holiday party and third-party activities such as sporting events, comedy shows, concerts, etc.
|Chamber Member||$60 plus one-time enrollment fee of $10|
|Non-Chamber Member||$70 plus one-time enrollment fee of $10|
- Margaret Mead